Our vision is “A connected, strong and vibrant rural community”
Who can join?
Women with an interest in agriculture or rural life. You may be:
– Involved in a agricultural enterprise (as an owner, sharefarmer, manager, employee or volunteer)
– Or live in a rural community.
– Or work in an organisation servicing primary production or rural communities.
– Or live in the city and have a background or interest in agriculture or rural life.
Why be a member of Tasmanian Women in Agriculture (TWiA)?
- Communication – Gather information, share stories and keep up-to-date via The Bluegum newsletter, email updates, our website and facebook.
- Linked to hundreds of amazing like-minded rural women for networking and social experiences including by membership of a regional group.
- Opportunities for Training and Scholarships to benefit you and your rural community.
- Participate in events and activities including our biennial “Women on Farms Gathering”,
- Beyond the farm gate tours, regional Mini-gatherings, Agfest, Science Awards, and overseas Cultural exchanges.
- Community Service – Volunteer in a dynamic organisation to fulfill roles within and representing TWiA, advocacy, and deliver projects.
- Members only access to exclusive scholarships and training opportunities, reduced rates for official TWiA events, and business discounts (under negotiation).
What does it cost?
Annual (financial year) membership 1 year $20, 5 years $100
Annual charge for hardcopy postage and handling of The Bluegum $5
A hard copy of The Bluegum via post is offered to members who have no internet or unreliable internet connection with slow download speeds. We encourage members to access The Bluegum online if possible.
Membership is due now for financial year 2017/18.
How to join
Join or renew online by filling out membership application form, and then pay by direct debit, deposit or sending a cheque. JOIN or RENEW ONLINE (preferable).
Download and print the membership application form, and then mail to Treasurer with a cheque. TWiAMembershipForm-3
Contact TWiA Memberships – email@example.com if you have any difficulties.
Postal address: Treasurer – T.W.i.A. P.O. Box 281 Latrobe 7307